RealWear’s latest HMT1 headsets have come out to be the best in date technology for connected worker programs. With modern technology comes queries regarding it. In this article, we try to tackle the basic interrogations of customers relating to the model.
What is RealWear headset?
The RealWear headset, more appropriately, The RealWear HMT-1 is a head-mounted device that fits snugly into safety helmets and is the foundation for Connected Worker programs. It can be used in extreme work conditions too. It can be paired with safety glasses or corrective eyewear.
The RealWear HMT-1 headset works with various advanced software applications. HMT-1 is developed as a hands-free voice control that can be used for remote mentor video calling, document navigation, guided workflow, mobile forms, and industrial loT data visualization.
How much does RealWear cost?
The RealWear HMT-1 is priced at $2500.00. It comes with a 3-year warranty and the following additional components:
- Preinstalled Swappable Battery (3250 mAh Li-Ion)
- Wall Charger
- USB-C Cable
- USB-C to Micro USB adapter
- Overhead Strap
- Rear Pad
Auxiliary benefits like the following also come hand in hand with the purchase of RealWear HMT1 headset
- Free access to Foresight Cloud (a device administration and application catalog services)
- Free Pilot Assessment call with a solutions expert from RealWear Solutions for your deployment
- Access to webinars on best practices to use RealWear
- Access to advanced user support assets
Is RealWear AR or VR?
RealWear devices are based on assisted reality (aR) technology. The RealWear HMT1 is an Android-based headset to provide the best experience to the user assuring safety in every aspect.
The aR in manufacturing helps to increase productivity, upskill the workers, and supports all the essential safety requirements.
Is RealWear intrinsically safe?
RealWear is absolutely safe and is approved for ATEX Zone 1, INDEX Zone 1 and CSA C1-D1. RealWear HMT-1Z1 is the only voice-operated device safe in the above terms till date. It improves awareness amongst workers and has been scientifically verified in that context.
How do you wear RealWear?
One can go along with the following steps to correctly wear The RealWear gear.
- Determine the left or right eye configuration and make sure to view the HMT’s display with your dominant eye to comfortably use the device.
- Hold the HMT level with the boom-arm on the dominant eye side. Bend the boom-arm such that it forms a Z shape.
- Ensure that the accessories are in place.
- Pull the HMT by positioning the device parallel with ground. Position the head strap at the exact right angle from the ground.
- Adjust the head strap and the display pod. The display pod should be close to the center line of your face and close to your eyes.
- To turn on the HMT, press the power button for 3 seconds and release it. Soon, you will hear a sound starting up the device and the screen will appear.
What is RealWear foresight?
Foresight is a cloud service by RealWear that manages the RealWear devices, their latest installs and updates, device settings, and security through a web portal.
RealWear is the most trusted manufacturer of Purpose-Built head-worn devices suitable for industry workers providing the scope for Connected Worker programs which enables wearable devices to provide an effective way to visualize actions and frees the worker’s hands for dangerous jobs.