It is said that cheese is the glue that holds life together, and if you agree, check out Cowgirl Creamery’s Escape to Inverness platter.
The main star of this platter is the Inverness cheese, of which you get a 3-pack of 2 oz each. Inverness is inspired by the French St Marcellin, an iconic cheese from Lyon. It is aged for a minimum of 2 weeks and made much like soft-ripened goat cheese. This “lactic” style cheese has a bright, yogurty flavor with a cheesecake-like texture.
Ripened cheese is soft and is pungent; perfect for your sourdough bread or in a salad.
In addition to cheese, there are the following accompaniments to round off the platter –
- Artisan Crisps – These crunchy crisps are made with dried tart cherries and almonds. They are made by Rustic Bakery.
- Maple Curried Cashew Nuts – These sweet and spiced roasted nuts complement the bold aromas of Inverness. These nuts are made by Clif Family
- Dark Chocolate Wildflower Honeycomb – This candied honeycomb enrobed in dark chocolate provides a delightful contrast of textures. This dark chocolate is made by NeoCocoa Confections
No platter is complete without a drink, so if you prefer wine the platter pairs well with a Pét-Nat, Chenin Blanc, or Pinot Noir, But maybe you are a beer guy in which case you can pair the platter with a barrel-Aged Sour or Brown Ale. If you prefer something that’s non-alcoholic, then you can’t go wrong with a rosemary honey shrub or salted limeade.
ALSO READ: Are Brass pasta cutters better than stainless steel ones?
The entire platter is available on the Cowgirl Creamery website for $80 and is delivered all over the US. You can also add an 8 oz pack of Mt. Tam to your order for $20 and a 6 oz pack of Cowgirl Cracker to your order for $7.
- Does Glossier Skincare Have Fragrance? - October 21, 2022
- Is Aveeno Color-Safe? - October 20, 2022
- Is Acure Color-Safe? - October 20, 2022