Carote Cookware is one of the bestselling stoneware non-stick cookware in the market. Although it is not so popular in the US yet, the brand has made a mark in Asia. The brand has been manufacturing cookware for the last 20 years.
Carote cookware is relatively much safer than many other products in the market since it does not contain PFOA, cadmium, lead, or a Teflon coating. However, its enamel coating tends to flake or chip off, and this can be a safety concern. Once the coating is chipped or flaked, it can prove to be potentially hazardous to health. And you may have to dispose off the Carote cookware to avoid risks to your health! Due to this, it is recommended that you thoroughly check for possible damage before making a purchase!
This article is a detailed review of Carote Cookware. Keep on reading to know everything about the brand and their bestselling cookware!
Table of Contents
What is Carote Cookware?
While a lot of people believe that the material used for making Carote cookware is granite, it is actually made up of enamel. Carote cookware is known as graniteware only for its speckled and mottled appearance. Usually, the core of the cookware is made of carbon steel or aluminum, covered with a porcelain coating.
These days, the brand is getting popular among users because of its durability, lightweights, and affordable price.
Unlike other types of cookware in the market, Carote does not contain any harmful chemicals or toxins that might react to temperature and spoil your food. In addition, the carbon steel or aluminum core is heat efficient and conducts and distributes heat well which speeds up the cooking time!
Upon comparing Carote’s cookware collection with other cookware available in the market, it can be said that Carote typically weighs less, and the glossy non-stick is much safer and healthier!
Carote Cookware Design
Let’s have a look at the design and features of Carote’s collection.
The handle of the Carote cookware pan looks like it has been made out of wood, but it is actually bakelite. It feels comfortable in the hand and is easy to hold. Since the handle is plastic, it will stay cool to the touch of the stovetop.
There is, however, one issue with plastic handles. They have an upper limit on the oven-safe temperature, which is 350 degrees Fahrenheit in the case of Carote. If it gets hotter than that, bakelite tends to melt and can get damaged, or in the worst case, also mix with the food. This can be hazardous.
The Carote cookware pan resembles the shape of a traditional french skillet. If you are skilled enough, you can easily toss around your food in the pan with just your wrist. However, if you are not skilled, you can use a spatula to toss the food. Again, when you use the spatula, the sidewall might get in the way. And not just that, the tall sidewall helps with the condensation of steam. In such cases, there are chances that your food will steam instead of searing.
On a positive note, the Carote pan is perfect for making omelets. The tall sideways and the round interior makes it easy for you to roll and flip the food.
The lid is made of glass. It lets you see your food while it is cooking. However, the only problem that arises with glass lids is their durability. While it is easy for you to see the food cooking initially, once it steams, it becomes useless. For this reason, most users prefer a metal lid with a small hole in it, which lets out the excess steam.
The non-stick coating on the Carote cookware is Swiss-made. The coating does not appear to be Teflon and is most likely ceramic.
These days, a lot of manufacturers promote ceramic coating as ‘healthy’. While this may be partly true, what this claim simply means is that they do not use a certain chemical known as PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid).
But a ceramic coating comes with other issues too, such as ductility. Ceramic cannot flex and expand the way Teflon does. Because of this, after a certain time period, ceramic coating develops micro-tears, which reduces the overall non-stickability of the pan. In any case, ceramic is a lot safer than Teflon that is notorious for releasing toxic fumes.
To prolong the life of your Carote cookware’s non-stick coating, you need to follow certain precautions similar to those for a non-stick pan. For one, make it a point to not overheat the pan. To temper the heat of the pan, add oil to the pan when it is cold. Additionally, wash the pan after every use to maintain its durability!
For a pan to be induction compatible, it needs to have a magnetic pull. Carote’s cookware has either an aluminum or a carbon steel core, and these metals tend to have a weaker magnetic pull.
In order to make it induction compatible, these products come with a stainless steel base, which helps make the pan base heavier.
In addition to this, the stainless steel base also improves the overall heat distribution in the pan. Generally speaking, the heavier and thicker a pan base is, the more even is the heat distribution!
Carote cookware is priced reasonably, considering the quality and its benefits.
- The 8 inches non-stick skillet frying pan is priced at $16.99. However, this variant comes without a glass lid. If you buy the same frying pan along with a glass lid, it will cost you $19.99.
- Their 9.5 inches non-stick skillet frying pan comes at $19.99, without the lid.
- The 10 inches variant is priced at $22.99.
- The 11 inches variant is priced at $25.99 and 12 inches variant is priced at $29.99.
Good Things About Carote Cookware
Carote cookware has multiple benefits. Some of these are:
- The cookware is easy to clean
- The aluminum body of the cookware is quite durable and can withstand heat of up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- The non-stick coating is made up of five layers that are free of cadmium, lead, and PFOA
- The cookware is compatible with multiple heat sources, including induction
- It is scratch-resistant
What We Don’t Like About Carote Cookware
Every good product has a few downsides too. Here are some things we didn’t like.
- The Carote cookware is not designed to withstand high temperatures
- It is not dishwasher compatible and you will have to wash it with hand every time
Is Carote a good brand?
Based on reviews on multiple websites, one can say that Carote is one of the best brands that sell durable and safe cookware. The brand is among the best at providing thermal conductivity, is super easy to clean, and is compatible with different heat sources!
Is the Carote Cookware dishwasher safe?
Cleaning up your Carote cookware is quite simple. All you need to do is take a gentle sponge soaked in dishwashing liquid and sweep it across the cookware to get rid of any food residue and grease. Then, wash it with lukewarm water.
However, the manufacturer recommends that you do not use the dishwasher to wash the cookware as it can cause severe damage to its surface.
Is there a specific procedure followed to clean the Carote Cookware?
There is no specific procedure to be followed while cleaning the cookware. However, you can take these precautionary measures in order to ensure you do not damage the cookware and maintain its durability.
- Even though the cookware is durable and has a sturdy build, it is not dishwasher safe. The aggressive detergents and hardness of the water in the dishwasher can cause the non-stick coating of the cookware to break down
- Always use lukewarm water, a soft sponge, and gentle dishwashing liquid to clean your pans
- The non-toxic enamel non-stick coating of Carote’s cookware is super glossy and is very easy to use. However, if you face difficulty cleaning the grease and food residue from the cookware, let it submerge in a sink full of water to soak for a while before washing. Later, a gentle sweep with the dishwashing liquid and soft sponge will clean your carote cookware easily
- Avoid using steel wool, scouring, or abrasive scrub pads to wash. These cleaning pads and sponges can scratch or damage the cooking surface or non-stick coating of the cookware. This, in turn, can make it hazardous for you to cook or use the cookware with a damaged coating and surface!
- To clean stubborn stains or stick food off of the cookware, let the cookware sit in a bowl of hot water and dishwashing liquid for five to ten minutes
- Do not use harsh chemicals and liquids, like oven cleansers, to clean They contain Chlorine bleach which can damage the non-stick coating of the carote cookware
- Always wipe dry your pans after washing with a dry and clean cloth
- Store your arote cookware in a clean and dry place
- If you do not have enough space to store them, you can stack the pans up. However, make sure that you keep a paper towel or paper cloth between each cookware piece to avoid the surfaces rubbing against one another.
Where is the Carote Cookware made?
Carote Cookware is made in Switzerland and features five layers of the high-quality non-stick coating. The interior of the cookware consists of an aluminum core that effectively delivers heat evenly and quickly across the surface. This helps you cook your food faster!
What is the Carote Cookware made of?
Carote cookware is mostly made of an aluminum and stainless steel core with a non-stick coating of granite. It is easy to use and eco-friendly as the cookware does not consist of any harmful chemicals such as cadmium, lead, and PFOA.
Moreover, the stainless steel and aluminum interior are extremely efficient at conducting and distributing heat, which makes the whole process of cooking effortless!
Is the Carote Cookware beginner-friendly?
Yes, Carote cookware is not only an excellent brand for professional or experienced cooks, but also for beginners.
Can acidic food be cooked in Carote Cookware?
Yes, you can easily cook acidic food in a Carote pan or oven. The granite surface of the cookware makes it safe for you to cook acidic food without damaging it. Also, the surface of the cookware will not leach when you store highly acidic food in it!
Can the Carote Cookware resist rust?
Yes. Carote cookware is rust-resistant so you do not have to worry about harmful shedding materials.
Is the Carote Cookware non-stick pan worth investing in?
Most of the time, it is said that the traditional non-stick pans are toxic and non-durable considering their capacity to withstand heat and performance on multiple heat sources.
However, the non-stick pans from Carote are different from traditional non-stick pans. Their frying pans and deep-frying pans are both safe and offer a healthy cooking experience to users without the risk of releasing toxins and chemicals or flaking them into the food.
In our opinion, investing in a Carote pan will be worth your money as they are non-toxic and offer a safe and healthy cooking experience!
Does Carote Cookware cause cancer?
The surface of Carote’s cookware contains five layers of the high-quality non-stick coating. The cookware can withstand the heat of up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In addition, these items do not contain any harmful chemicals like PFOA, lead, or cadmium. So, at the outset, they are a very safe product to use since the risk of exposure to carcinogens is minimal.
On Amazon, Carote Cookware has earned a rating of 4.6 on 5. So far, this is one of the highest ratings for any cookware brand. Based on customer reviews on Amazon and other websites, it can be said that Carote Cookware is an excellent brand, not only for professional and experienced cooks but for beginners as well!